Search This Blog

Thursday, October 15, 2009

Poetries

Love Poems I: Six Years

When, at the break of dawn, the songbirds sing
And the winds rush for the wild flow’rs, I sigh.
When lovers in pure bliss reach for the ring,
When all seems fine and I am not, I cry.

In faith so deep, hope so wide, I loved her;
But my tongue was chained by her young nescience.
Hers was my life; hope, mine that I nurtured
In silence till no more rest’d my patience.

My heart breathed out love; my lips, words so true,
But they echoed not — dead silence ‘twas all.
My love betrothed, my hope betrayed, I rue
Which end in endless tears, those days of old.

‘Twas six long years of vain hope in mask’d strife,
‘Tis eternal sorrow and pain, my life.

Love Poems II: This Day, That Year

(Of that distant Valentine’s Day, on its anniversary)

I stand here at the ghost of what was gay.

Little did I know then this day would come,
Of whose past to haunt all remnants of time.
Very sad, you had to end our brief climb
Ending with it hopeful days yet to come.

You said, you love me which I so believed -
One word, one lie forev'r with it to live
Unending till to fate it yields, my grief.

Months ripen to years and so will it be;
Even the times do change, so shall you and me.
Reminisce not this past, but from it flee,
‘Cause there's much more to life in being free.
You, my dear friend, ‘tis my wish you're happy.

(To her that was lost and never found)

Somewhere in the clouds above, my last is plotted;
Somewhere in the streets on earth, my hope is plundered.
What was past is buried deep within my heart;
What is to come is a mystery so deep.

But when my time is done and my last breath taken
And all remnants of me cast into eternity,
Think not thou of me as one who’d gone ‘ere his time,
Nor wet thine eyes in thinking of me.

When I die, I shall die as one having truly lived,
I shall die a proud man who’d his work done,
For ‘tis my life to love you and thus so thence;
And this love to my grave shall I bear.

When I die, our past shall live on in my soul,
What never came shall come to me,
And there all my dreams shall be realised,
And thence shalt thou be mine.


No comments:

Post a Comment